Last night me and couple of my friends went and saw The Forgotten Carols. It was so good. I went a long time ago but couldn't remember much so it was nice to see it again. I kept tearing up (what a shocker). It has such a good message, and I love the songs. It always seems like when I am going through a rough patch my friends always come together for me. I have the greatest friends. These are my friends from elementary and high school. I thought I would tell you what I like most about each one of them, this is in no paticular order.
Mandy is one of my oldest friends. I have known her since I could remember. Ever since she moved away she has been my therapist. Because she lived so far away I have always felt like I could tell her anything and nobody would ever find out. She knows all my secrets. She always gives me the best advice even when it's not what I want to hear. She is so strong in the church and inspires me to be a better person.
Jamie is one of my friends I met through Lakettes. I've always known her to be a little quiet but she is someone I can always count on. Whenever I have put anything together she is always there, no question. She inspires me to be a better mom. She is always taking her kids places and doing fun things. I don't think I have ever heard a negative thing come out of her mouth.
Sherice was one of my best friends in High School . I have so many fun memories with her. I dont think Sherice has a mean bone in her body. She is always so nice to everybody even when she doesn't know them. She is so loving and caring and would do anything for you.
Brooke I also met because of Lakettes. She was so fun in high school. We would hang out at her house and meet up with the "flow ho's" o my gosh what were we thinking. She was always a little on the wild side but has grown to be a great wife and mom. She is so organized, when we plan things she has to know a month in advance to fit it into her schedule.
Mindi I hung out with in high school to but I feel like our friendship has come so much further now that were older. She is such a great person, I have had many good talks with her. She throws the best parties for her kids and always invites everyone. She helped me run my five miles. YEA.
Heidi, Me and Heidi have been friends since fourth grade, I have a million memories with her. I think the best ones are when her dad would make haunted houses at there house and we would go from room to room and he would scare us. It was great. Heidi is so thoughtful she has never missed sending me a card on my birthday, I always look forward to it.
To all my friends, you guys are the best. I love each of you. You all inspire me in different ways. Thank you for always being there for me for all these years. I hope our friendships continue throughout are lifes.
One of my greatest friends now is my sister, Monica. Ever since we started having kids we have become such good friends. I love her so much. She has helped me so much with my boys. She is always there for me and would do anything to help me out. I alway know I can call her and cry to her, or tell her funny things the boys did. You are such a great person, thank you for being a wonderful sister. I love you.
6 years ago



5 comments:
That totally made me cry! We really do have a bunch of good friends. We are lucky to have each other :) I'm glad you liked the Forgotton Carols, it's a good one to get you into the spirit of Christmas! I'm wishing we would've gone with you to Texas Roadhouse, that still sounds sooo yummY!!
You're so sweet! I have always been amazed at how good of friends I have too... you guys are all the best! I feel like all of you guys are my mother or my sister or someone I can always count on to be there for me. Thanks so much for getting the tickets and planning the evening, I am sooooo glad I went!
I feel so lucky that we have such a great group of friends and that we've stayed in touch so well. I imagine that we'll be a bunch of 90-year old ladies still meeting for dinner regularly because I know we'll be friends forever. I've enjoyed getting to know everyone outside of high school so much because it's fun to see how we've grown up and to watch each other raise our families. I have to say, my scheduling "issues" are more for Ty's sake than my own, although I think he has rubbed off on me a little over the years!
Hey thanks for being so sweet! I think we have great friends. We have all had some good times, and not so good!!! Erica thanks for being such a pal. You are the best!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do. I apologize to all of you because I have not made the "friend" time like I should have. Erica I know that I have not been the best to lean on sometimes. Thanks for all that you guys do and I am going to work on it. You guys are the greatest!! I am so glad we have kept in touch after all of this time. I agree with Brooke, lets be 90 and still do our thing.
I can't believe I haven't seen this yet (once again, I've been slacking on my blogging). But what a great time we had at the Forgotten Carols. I'm glad you guys drag my lazy butt out of the house once in a while. That is one thing that has changed for me, I am such a home-body now days. My kids have grounded me. I just love you to pieces though, and am feel so blessed to have you, and all of our friends in my life. It is true, we all have our different qualities that make our group of friends so awesome!! I love that we all really KNOW each other, and can laugh at each other's quirks and short-comings. Ha ha... it makes me smile just thinking of all of you. Thank you for being such a great friend to me. You are the best!!
p.s. I am excited for Mindi's on Monday!! Hope you are comin!!
Post a Comment