Friday, August 21, 2009

August updates

I have been a total slacker when it comes to blogging and taking pictures this month. But to be honest we kind of had a rough couple months. I have felt likes things were out of control. I dont know if its just because its summer and theres no structure or routine or if I just had some bad parenting skills. Anyways the boys were kind of naughty and I felt to overwhelmed to really take them any where so we've pretty much just sat home. Also a ton of anger and resentment hit me about a certain someone. I dont know why all the sudden know but I was really mad.



School starts on Monday and I am so excited. Braxton will be in first grade and its all day. Ya Hoo!!. This year I plan on being very organized and no waiting to the last day to start our homework. We'll see if that happens. I already have a whole routine written down so hopefully it works. Lately I've really been trying to make the boys sleep in their room and so far they've done pretty well. Braxton watched Caroline over at a friends house and has had nightmares this past week but for the most part he's done good.


Braxton has started soccer once again. The first game he scored a goal but I was not there for it because the games are every wed and I have to work. I was able to go to the game this week and take some pictures but this will be the only one I will get to see.

He really wants to play hockey this year so I bought him some skates for an early birthday present last week and he actually has done pretty well. At first I was really scared because he couldn't even stand up but then as the week went on him and his friend have been skating everyday and he does pretty well. Maybe he'll follow in his uncles footsteps and be good at hockey instead of all the other sports. He is going to be one of the managers for Davis highs football team this year. He is really excited. He's lucky to have such a great grandpa that lets him do that.Yesterday Monica and I took the kids swimming one last time before school starts. I should say the only time. Last year we went all the time but this year I think I have only been twice. Its just way too hard with 2 littles ones. I cant keep an eye on both of them and Logan loves to wonder off. We did have a great time and luckily Monicas niece was there and took Braxton Logan and Lexi on the water slide a few times.






The boys and I did go to the fair and they got to ride on the miniture ponies so if I ever figure out how to down load it from my phone I will post them.


Ok, so thats about it for August, but I have a lot of fun things planned for September, like a friend vacation in California in a beach house. Im so excited. Im doing really good right now and I'm happy. I dont think I will win the best parenting award for the next few months but I'm doing my best and sometimes that means taking a break and having some alone time.

2 comments:

Mindi D said...

Looks fun! Send your phone pic to your email then right click it, save it and then you can post it. I do it all the time.

Daryl and Ashley said...

Great post! Thanks for the update! Hope everyone is doing well!